Sunday, September 19, 2010

Closet Time


Tis the season to revamp your closet! I know, it’s a major task for some, especially when you have a “gypsy brain” like me. I have never been one to tuck things away nicely, I drape, hang, stack, and display. My closet represents my collection of art. I need to visualize every piece that I own. My mind functions better when it’s all in front of me. This could (and most likely will) end up in chaos and result in cleaning up my organized mess more often than none.
I don’t believe in a lot of RULES for your closet. I don’t like when people say, “If you haven’t worn it in a year, toss it!” WHAT? I have things I’ve been luggin’ around for a decade that I still get satisfaction from when digging them out of the woodwork! As long as you love it every time you pass by the hanger...keep it. It’s yours and you collected it for a reason! Now, if it’s something you bought on a whim and every time you try it you find an excuse not to wear it...toss it! I think you should love everything you own. Oh and if you grow out of something, there’s no use in keeping it around so it can sit and laugh atcha! As a woman, I’ve come to terms with growing out of things. Make sure you’re healthy and happy and move on.

A good closet = a variety of layering pieces. I want to look in your closet and see all the choices you have for one great piece. This way you get more for your money and you can mix yourself up! There is no need to be seen in the exact same outfit (down to the jewelry and shoes) every time you wear your favorite top. There needs be a variety of items you’ve collected for yourself that work for YOU. Make sure you have your basics and plenty of accessories to go along. Accessories are key for expressing yourself and your closet.

I revamped earlier today and have lots to share, go take a look at your space, and see what you have to offer.

reflections of revamp:
favorite shoe I've never worn

favorite shoe I've worn the
CRAP out of

favorite shoe given to me by
a random elderly woman

collection of clutches
belts!

BOOTS that last a LIFETIME
favorite new piece for fall

favorite classics for fall

revamped!!!



2 comments:

  1. How have you never worn those blue (or purple? its hard to tell) pumps??? To me, they say, "Wonder Woman....but in a good way."

    ReplyDelete
  2. (blue suede shoes) I KNOW!!!...they're amazing, They may be one of the only things in my closet that has sat there neglected but adored. I love them! I need to wear them.

    ReplyDelete